It is Super Bowl Sunday and everyone is looking forward to watching the game, eating food, and voting on their favorite commercial. I personally enjoy all of the anticipation for the game: I love the noise, the fun and most of all, the food. However, my husband never accepts Super Bowl party invitations. He is always concerned that no one takes the game seriously and instead takes part in irrelevant conversations, loudly. I, on the other hand, can not wait to accept. The party is always a potluck, and, of course, I am responsible for the vegetarian or vegan option.
When I heard about #chobani challenge to make a unique and healthy “bowl” recipe for the Super Bowl, I had to do it. So, I made this spicy hummus spread that I believe that you will love all the time game or no game. #deliciousbowl #chobani I used my hummus recipe as part of the ingredients. Her is a link to that recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MYt_XyjNcc
- 2 cups chobani yogurt
- 2 cups hummus
- 1 cup chili sauce---
- 2 baby cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Whisk the yogurt with the hummus, chili sauce, cumin, coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix the vegetables together, add the the yogurt sauce and mix togther. Save the dip with toasted pita chips