Healthy and easy to make salad with great flavors and textures.
Wash and pat dry the spinach. Place the spinach in salad bowl. Add the cranberries and the red onions. Set aside.
Make your candied walnuts. Cool and add to the salad.
Squeeze the blood orange and whisk with fresh grated ginger, mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and little salt.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 red onion, julienned
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ cup candied walnuts, see link to recipe
- 1 blood orange
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Check the link in the blog for steps to make candied walnuts.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1 inch cubes. Toss with tablespoon of olive oil and the cayenne pepper. Place on cookie sheet and bake in 400 degree F. oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven allow them to cool.
- Place the spinach in a salad bowl. Add the red onions, the cranberries and the baked sweet potato.
- Zest the blood orange and then squeeze the juice into glass bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, the olive oil, half of the grated ginger and little salt. Whisk and drizzle over the spinach. Toss well.
- Sprinkle the candied walnuts and the rest of the freshly grated ginger. Serve.