Quinoa and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
Very healthy and delicious salad or stuffing for great vegan wrap.
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: Mediterranean diet
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 baby cucumber, diced
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped fresh oregano
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- dash red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in a 2 cups of hot water.
- Place the quinoa in a pot. Add 4½ cup water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and cook until the water is absorbed . Remove from the heat and allow the quinoa to rest.
- Remove the sun-dried tomato from the water, squeeze the excess water and chop.
- Dice the kalamata olives and place in salad bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, the scallions, the carrots, the cucumbers, the dikon and the oregano.
- Whisk the lemon juice, the olive oil, the lemon zest, the red pepper and salt. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss well.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the vegetables and toss gently. Taste the salad, adjust the seasoning. Allow the salad to cool. Serve and enjoy.