This is another unique recipe for sweet potato that you can serve proudly at your Holiday’s dinner.
We start by tossing the russet potato cubes with olive oil, hint of salt and mediterranean sumac.
Bake the potatoes in 395 F. degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
To make the sweet potato topping: Heat the rest of the olive oil and cook the onions on low heat until golden. Add the sweet potato cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes. Add the pepper, the cilantro, the sun-dried tomatoes, the pomegranate molasses, salt and the lemon juice. Stir and remove from the heat.
Spoon the cooked sweet potato topping over the cooked russet potatoes. Sprinkle with the slivered almonds, cover with foil and bake in 395 F. oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Take out of the even. Set aside for 10 minutes and serve.
This dish will a hit at your Thanksgiving dinner. My husband use any leftover from this dish to make fantastic omelet.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium cooking onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dry sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Sumac, optional
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Harrisa--hot red pepper paste-- or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons silvered almonds
- salt to taste
- Toss the russet potato cubes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, little salt and the sumac. Place on cookie sheet and bake in 395 F. oven for 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the sweet potato topping: Heat the rest of the olive oil and cook the onion until golden. Add the sweet potato and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the peppers and the sun-dried tomato and cook for couple minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the cilantro, the pomegranate molasses, the lemon juice, the harrisa and the salt. Stir, adjust the seasoning and set aside.
- Place the baked russet cubes into deep baking dish.
- Spoon the cooked sweet potato mixture on top of the russet potatoes. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 395 F. oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the dish rest for 10 minutes and then serve.