For me anything that starts with arugula has to tastes good. So, whenever I get the chance to use arugula I take it. I am also, always, conscious of textures, flavors, and nutrition. I want my salads to be noisy. Noisy salad equal healthy salad. Like I said our teeth are here for a reason; use them before you lose them.
Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and then cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Heat the olive oil and saute until cooked but not soft. Add the apples, half of the scallion and the chopped jalapeno. Toss and cook for another minute. Drizzle with couple spoons of lemon juice. Remove from the stove and set aside.
Whisk the pomegranate molasses with the tahini, the lemon zest, the lemon, water and salt.
Place the arugula in salad bowl, top with the vegetables, drizzle with the tahini dressing and then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and the rest of the scallions on top. Enjoy
- 4 .cups baby arugula
- 2 celery stalk, diced
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 Granny smith apple, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups ½ inch butternut squash cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 .tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- 2 .tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- salt to taste
- Toss the baby arugula with the apples and the celery.
- Heat the olive oil and cook the butternut squash and jalapeno pepper until cooked but not soft. Set aside until it cool down.
- Spoon the butternut squash over the arugula mixture.
- Add the rest of the scallions and the pomegranate seeds.
- Whisk the tahini with the lemon zest, the lemon juice, pomegranate molasses the turmeric and the salt. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, sprinkle the toasted almonds and serve.