I wanted to have a salad that have different flavor profile so I got some curly endive and tahini.
Cut the large petite potatoes in half and leave the small one intact. Drizzles with olive oil and placed on baking tray. Bake the potatoes in 450 F. degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
Toss the baby tomatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, place on a cookie sheet and roast in 450 F. oven for 15 minutes.
Curly endive has little bitter taste. Cut into 2 inch-long pieces, sprinkle with salt and massage gently. Leave for 10 minutes. Squeeze gently the endive and discard the liquid. This will take care of the bitterness.
Toss the endive with the chopped pepper and celery. Drizzle with little of olive oil and sprinkle teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Spread the endive mixture in shallow white serving bowl.
Top the endive with the roasted potatoes and the roasted tomatoes.
To make the dressing, whisk the tahini with the pomegranate molasses, harrissa*, cumin, lemon and salt. Add little water to thin the dressing.
Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and enjoy.
- 1 head curly endive
- 4 celery stalk, diced
- 1 Cubanelle pepper or Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ pound baby purple potatoes
- ½ pound baby yellow potatoes
- 1 pound baby rainbow tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup pomegranate molasses
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili paste or cayenne pepper, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Remove the tough stem from the curly endive and cut into 2 inch-long pieces. Sprinkle with sea salt, massage, squeeze gently and discard any liquid. Toss the curly endive with the chopped pepper, the chopped celery, place in shallow salad bowl and then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and juice of one lemon.
- Cut the potatoes in halves, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with little salt and bake 450 F. oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes with the rest of the olive oil, sprinkle with little sea salt. Roast in 450 F. oven for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk the pomegranate molasses with the tahini, the lemon juice, cumin, lemon zest, the chili paste and the salt. Add little liquid if the dressing is thick. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Place the potatoes over the curly endive mixture.
- Place the tomatoes over the potatoes.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the vegetables and serve. Enjoy.