I make these often in the restaurant and they sell within an hour. They are simple to make, vegan, gluten free and delicious.
I use combination of my gluten free flour mixture–I use equal amount of tapioca flour, white sorghum flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, and potato flour– with almonds flour, flax seeds, brown sugar and little spices.Add the coconut oil and mix well. Sprinkle with cold water until you have smooth dough.
Place half of the dough on wax paper, cover with another was paper and flatten the dough into 1/8 inch thick rectangle. Remove the top wax paper, cut the edges of the rectangle. The rectangle should be 3 inch wide and 8 inch long.
Place the dates in food processor with the orange marmalade and process until you have smooth paste. Remove the date from the food processor and make into 1 inch thick rope. Cut into 8 inch long and set aside.
Place the date rope at the center of the dough and use the wax pepper to fold the dough. Gently press to seal. Remove the wax paper, cut the the stuffed cookie rope into 2 inch long cookie. Place the cookie on cookie sheet. Repeat until you finished the dough.
Bake in 395 F. degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool and enjoy these vegan and glutenfree cookies.
- 2 . cups madjool date, pitted and cut into small pieces
- 2 . tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 . cups gluten free flour
- 1 . cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ .teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
- dash of salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mix the GF flour with the almond flour, the flax seeds, the cardamom and the salt.
- Add the coconut oil and the water. Mix into smooth dough. Sprinkle with little more cold water if you need to. Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the date and the orange marmalade in a food processor and process into smooth paste. Remove from the processor. Moisten your palms with little coconut oil and form the date into 1 inch thick rope. Set aside.
- Cut the dough into two balls. Place one ball onto wax sheet. Flatten gently, place another wax paper on top and roll into ⅛ inch thick rectangle. Remove the top wax pepper. Cut the edges of the rectangle into 3 inch wide and 8 inch loge rectangle.
- Cut the date into 8 inch rope. Place on the center of the rectangle. Use the wax paper to fold the dough over the date. Gently press to seal. Remove the wax paper and cut the cookie into 2 inch long pieces.
- Place the pieces on cookie sheet. Bake in 395 F. degree oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy.